VisionWe are told within Scripture that 'Without vision people perish'. Within Carrigrohane Union of Parishes much work has been done on vision.
Our Identity, Purpose & Values
Vision Development Process
Over the past few years much work has been completed in working through what needs to be done in Carrigrohane Union of Parishes. Below you will find our Identity, Purpose, Values and Mission Statements
Our mission is to be an authentic, open community of all ages and stages:
- Making whole-life disciples of Jesus who live and share his gospel.
- Praying, playing, and learning together.
- Worshipping God passionately.
Carrigrohane Union is a union of churches whose members are drawn from near and far. Each of our three congregations seeks :
- To be centred on the life and teaching of Jesus
- To grow in his love together
- To express his love in action
We seek to be a church for everyone; following Jesus example of serving our community, making disciples and enabling people to experience the generosity of God.
We R AGREED we value:
Risk taking which allows us to try new things because we worship a creative God
A whole life spirituality which encompasses prayer, Bible study, outreach and living out our faith
Generosity of time and resources because we worship a generous God
Relevance making sure that what we do connects with everyday life in Cork
Encouragement and support within the community, helping each other through tough times and celebrating through good times
Enabling people of all ages and backgrounds to find their God given place as we create and celebrate our changing community.
Developing an intergenerational church where people from all ages learn, grow, and serve together
Vision for each of our locations
Below is the outline vision for each of our locations – this is very much a working document that will develop in consultation with the members of each of our congregations over the next few months.
Vision for St. Senan's Inniscarra Church - Vision
Sunday Services – Holy Communion, Morning Prayer and Occasional Services
A place for wider community – through music evenings and arts
A place of welcome & Pilgrimage
Church of the Resurrection - Blarney - Vision
Services – A mix of Holy Communion & A Service of the Word
A place for wider Community – Use of the building by the community – Current uses – HSE Nurses, YMCA, Al-Anon, Community Choir, Story Telling Group, Historical Society
A place for discipleship – Growth Group & Seminars
A place of outreach – for Toddlers & Alpha Followup, Messy Church
St. Peter's Church - Carrigrohane - Vision
Sunday Services – Holy Communion, Morning Prayer & Ministry of Healing
Welcome – A place of welcome
Building upon the history of Christian witness since c1261 .
Vision for the Carraig Centre
The Carraig Centre is:
- A place for a fresh expression of worship and prayer for our community.
- A place for community building and parish relationships.
- A resource for the local community to pursue their goals and purposes as long as those are consistent with our values and building use policy.
- A place for parish administration.
- A place for people in the community (children, youth, and adults) to hear and respond to the Christian gospel, to develop their Christian faith, and invite our friends to consider the good news of Jesus.