This is part of the big picture
It’s good to remember a few things
It is first of all important to recognise that we see in the Bible that God calls all people:
- To a relationship with him (Acts 2:38-40)
- To eternal life (1 Peter 5:10)
- To obedience (Romans1:5)
- To belong to Jesus Christ (Romans 1:6)
And that He calls all Christians specifically:
- To holiness (1 Corinthians 1:2, 1 Peter 1:15)
- To change to be like Jesus (Romans 8:28-30)
- To live lives that are worthy of Christ (Ephesians 4:1)
- To a great hope (Ephesians 4:4)
- To worship Him (Psalm 95:6, 1 Peter 2:9)
- To live at peace with others (Colossians 3:15)
- To bless those who do evil to you (1 Peter 3:9)
- To mission (Matthew 28:18-20)
It’s been my experience that as we go through life doors do unexpectedly open and close – opportunities do arise for all sorts of possibilities and these are taken through prayer and discernment. The amazing gift God gives to us is to use our freedom to say yes and no to things.
In my role as a church leader I have spoken to many people who have discerned calling and people who are searching for what God might be saying to them. One of my key questions What doors might there be open to you?, what might you need to do to get some of the doors to open (i.e. where is the key to the door) ?
Might it be education / Might it be passion / Might it be a conversation with a key person? / Might it be time? / Might it be prayer?
When God does think it is the right time – he’ll usually might it very clear … but also won’t force you – the great gift of freedom is really important.